Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Ubersoca Cruise 2023: A Project Manager's Perspective on Sailing into Soca Paradise

This year marked a thrilling chapter for me as I stepped into the heart of the action, not as a reveler, but as a key player in the execution of the unforgettable Ubersoca Cruise 2023. As a project manager overseeing event execution and liaising with artists and DJs, I gained profound insights into the orchestration of this colossal and amazing event. Destination Delights: Belize and Costa Maya Sailing on the Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas, we made stops in the enchanting Harvest Caye, Belize, and the vibrant Costa Maya, Mexico. The familiar throb of excitement synonymous with USC was seamlessly transported onto the Explorer of the Seas. Musical Bliss: Concerts and Pool Parties The sonic landscape of USC is always a highlight, and this year was no exception. The White Onyx concert featuring Ricardo Drue, Alison Hinds, Shal Marshall, Patrice, Voice, and King Bubba set the stage for a musical journey. The Olympic Swim Team pool party made a splash, but the real knockout was the Fig...
BODY-POSITIVE MOVEMENT USES INTERNATIONAL BODY SHAMING EPISODE TO INSPIRE CHANGES TO CARIBBEAN CARNIVAL COSTUME PRODUCTION TORONTO, ONT. (APRIL 2018) – When #everyBODYplayahmas (EBPAM) founder, full-figured model Nadelle travelled to participate in this year’s Jamaica Carnival, she didn’t know that it would spark a positive change for her movement, as well as ignite an international body shaming event that placed her image and costume as the target of unwarranted negative attention. The online episode—that has now attracted thousands of views, likes, and hateful remarks—is now being used as fuel to inspire positive changes for full-figured costuming in Caribbean Carnivals around the world. On Wednesday, April 11, 2018, a post from Jamaican publication The Jamaica Star was the beginning of what seemed to be an endless stream of mean-spirited commentaries and punchlines. It was a photograph of a pretty masquerader...wearing a costume that the majority deemed to be “not h...

Masquerader Monday - 15.10.18 | Liliana

I am currently a live-in nanny pursing her YouTube/styling dreams in LA. I also love promoting self-love and confidence through my photos to all women, no matter the shape or size. How and when did you first start playing mas?  The first time I played mas was in 2016 with Hollywood Carnival. My LA family are Trinidadian and very much apart of the carnival culture. What carnival experience has been your favourite (and most proud) to date? My favorite carnival experience would definitely have to be modeling the one piece costume for Toronto’s Caribana. I was a part of Dr. Jay’s “Venice Fly Trap” section and I was extremely nervous, being one of the very few plus-size models. But the minute I hit the stage and heard everyone cheering for me, I knew I was doing something right. What are some of your must-have carnival essentials? My carnival must-have is tights...two pairs! Not only does it hold everything together and give your leg...